[MiNT] GLib

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:50:30 , p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:

> I hadn't heard of WireShark but I see it is the renamed Ethereal which
> I have heard of.
>
> It requires:
> GLib-1.2.10 or GLib-2.12.12 (to build the TTY-mode front-end only)
> libpcap-0.9.6 (required to capture data)
>
> In SpareMint we have:
> glib = 1.2.8-1 and glib2 = 2.2.3-1
> libpcap = 0.6.2-2
>
> These are a few years old now and an update may be useful. I
> will download it tonight and see if it compiles all the same.

I have just managed to build glib 2.4.0. I had to disable
threads but I am not sure what difference that makes.

./configure --disable-threads

I don't know what other apps use it but it might be worthwhile
updating the package if it doesn't break anything. Maybe
someone could build the rpm ?  Next I will try libpcap.

Regards,

Peter