Re: [MiNT] Easymint lots of problems

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:12:58 , "M.A. Kehr" <makehr_keinspam@ndh.net> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>

> > I tried to install EasyMint on the H and N partitions which are on
> You should boot from the partition which will be the boot partition later.
>
> > I found the POSITION file but it was on the C drive which was
> > a bit strange.
> You will always find it on C: because I had to decide where to store the te
> mporary files and I think that everyone will have a C: partition.
> In the POSITION file you will find the partition you choosed as your boot p
> artition.
>
> I don´t understand why this does not work on your Milan, EasyMiNT is t
> ested very well on the Milan, because it´s programmed and tested on my
>  Milan and there are no problems to install it on another boot partition th
> an C:
> I tested it with booting from my I: partition and run the installer from th
> ere, worked perfect.
>
> Ciao
>
> Marc-AntÃøn

Hi Marc-AntÃøn

Maybe what I was attempting to do was a bit strange and I don't
understand why it crashed and did the other things.

Drive 1: C, D, E, F, G   with G the ext2
Drive 2: H, I, H, K, L, M, N  with N ext2

Drive 1 has a working Mint installation that was updated with
EasyMint a few years ago. That was when I discovered the
problem with Mintnet.

I ran Easymint and tried to install it on H as the boot partition
and N as the ext2 Mint partition.

That was when I had the worst problems but once I got the Milan
to boot from Drive 2 by swapping the IDE leads, the EasyMint
install worked better booting from the new C partition and
with I as the new ext2 partition.

When I looked at the POSITION file it looked like a binary.

Having to re-start the installation was difficult because I
couldn't go back to previous steps to repeat them.

The installation is working now and I have been doing some
experiments with Mintnet to see if the problem still exists.

Regards,

Peter