Re: [MiNT] Easymint lots of problems

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:47:15 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> The other odd thing about the new installation.
>
> I coped lots of cfg files from the old /home to the new
> one.
>
> When I start apps that want to access these files, they do not
> find them eg. aFTP tried to open its cfg but fails and AtarICQ
> can't open it's cfg either.
>
> I thought it might be a file priv problem but can't see anything
> obvious. They are owned by root. Does it matter that they were
> owned by the old root user ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

I thought this problem might be caused by the single user login
but my original set-up does the same.

The .bash-history file is being created in /home so bash can access
that folder, maybe it is just GEM apps that cannot. What user do they
run as ?

Also, what has happened to the mail archive on Sparemint website ?
There is no folder for October.

That reminds me, in the Xaaes file selector, October is spellt
Oktober.

Regards,

Peter