Re: [MiNT] JPEG Lib

Hi,

On Saturday 07 October 2006 00:00, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> > I don' think it is happening with all jpegs.
>
> Maybe only with progressive jpegs? Just a wild guess, could be a
> starting point. :o)

Probably not related, but for other jpeg image types you can ask the jpeg
lib to scale huge images smaller (with 2,4,8 factors) while it's
decompressing them, to save memory.  With progressive jpeg images you
cannot do that, the library needs the original full size image data in
memory to progress it...

(On Linux this can be clearly seen when Valgrinding/Massifing image
apps with different jpeg types.)

	- Eero