Re: [MiNT] [Fwd: Re: Keyboard mapping on Milan with mint 1.16.2]

Hi Martin!

> country and keyboard IS set to German. But I saved NVRAM again with these settings ... no change.

Ok, then I have a few questions:
Has this always been like that? I can't imagine.
Did you change to a newer MiNT lately? If yes, where did you download?
Can we download an archive to maybe reproduce this?
Are you dead sure you don't have some *.tbl file lurking in some place?

Please notice that with current MiNT setups, there may be more than
just one MiNT folder. MiNT now looks in subdirectories of the the MiNT
folder in order to support easy switching between different MiNT
kernels.

I really can't see why it would fail otherwise. I just did a test:
I changed the keyboard settings via MSETUP to US and rebooted -> US
keyboard layout.
Then I changed back to German, rebooted -> German layout.

So this should really just work...

> Yes ... sorry no, it is my Milan ... but it was yours ;-)

I still have feelings for it ;-))

> its still running fine. This week it gets a DVD burner, a card
> reader, more RAM and maybe a bigger HDD :-)

Wow, very cool! Glad to hear that it is running fine. And all those
upgrades, sounds cool! Really glad to hear this. Had I not sold it, it
would now have a big pile of dust on it. Like this it is much better
use :-)

Cheers, Ingo =;->