[MiNT] Re[2]: Re[2]: 68030 MMU crash course?

Hello MiKRO,

> FYI, this is already done by TOS. Even on ct60  TOS Didier did this. So no
> problem here  (whole 0x00FFxxxx area is already "mirrored" on 0xFFFFxxxx)

Not on 4.04. At least not on the state the MMU is when booting.

> can i ask why do you find this as easier solution? Patching the binary is a
> question of one clever script/program which search for 0xffffxxxx in code
> segment with some exceptions maybe... but it could be automated for sure a lot.

Well,  if  we  program  the MMU efficiently I think it will be easier because we
won't even notice if it will be needed.

> I wish you good luck.

Thanks :)

> What rule do you use to choose which game will be
> ported? I think a lot of games doesn't need to be ported since... they are
> crap. There is maybe 40-50 cool ST games which  are worth to do it...

No  serious criteria really. We just do what we fancy. Some are games we enjoy a
lot  and  the  extra speed makes them more enjoyable. Some of those are requests
from other people.

--
Best regards,
 George Nakos

Nurse Donna:        Oh, Groucho, I'm afraid I'm gonna wind up an old maid.
Groucho:        Well, bring her in and we'll wind her up together.
Nurse Donna:        Do you believe in computer dating?
Groucho:        Only if the computers really love each other.