Re: [MiNT] glibc for m68k/mint?

Adam K?obukowski wrote:
Mark Duckworth napisa?(a):
Glibc depends heavily upon the linux kernel as far as I know. Without
modern kernel interfaces, no modern libc. We need virtual memory. I
thought you were working on that :-P

I don't think that dependency is so heavy - libc supports also Hurd and some othere (don't remember now) systems. So it may be pretty portable. Btw. it supports m68k out-of-the-box.

Aren't there still archives of this list? These questions have been asked and answered before. glibc is several times larger than mintlib, and quite a bit slower. It also didn't exist when we first started developing MiNT, gcc, and the associated tools. Perhaps people running MiNT on fast 68K emulators today don't care so much, but even the smallest program linked with glibc would eat up a sizable chunk of an Atari ST's RAM...

--
 -- Howard Chu