Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST) extension

 Hi again,

fre, 28,.04.2006 kl. 14.45 +0200, skrev Olivier Landemarre:

 <big snip>

> This exactly this. Just notice that devloppers ask me to be able to put

 I'm not sure, but I think you mean that it looks ok? :-)

> new state on already open window, I have add this, by simply closing
> this window, apply new setting for the window and reopen it (if need to
> be open in state 2 case if the application have focus of course). I have
> add this because choice of position  of windows is done in wind_open().

 I think perhaps we can allow changing these modes on open windows as
well. The code for this is already working in XaAES... Furthermore,
these windows can be controlled just like any other window with respect
to positioning, sizing, etc., by the application, right?

> I have do an attention for popup and menu display, that are in all case
> above any other window, even on topmost. New window with topmost will be
> display before all other topmost windows, and windows with topmost flag
> can change position between each other topmost windows of course (I not
> remember if it is on request or automatic, I think better is automatic).
> wind_get(WF_TOP) answer first standard window of course, never topmost
> window.

 Yes, thats the same as in XaAES. And ofcourse the last topmost window
will float above all others. In XaAES it is possible to bring a
'floating' window 'to the top' in cases where this is necessary. In
effect this is 'two layers' of windows, which was my concern earlier.
Reading Arnauds arguments that such windows should never disturb
keyboard focus calms me, tho :-) However, this is necessary when two
apps have a window with TOPMOST state 1 set; we want to pull the focused
applications window to the absolute top, right?

> I send you soon two tests applications from Arnaud for this feature,
> there is no test for avaibility in it.

 yes, that would be lovely, thank you ;-)

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke