Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST)

 Hey Roger, very nice to see you participate here! ;-))

tor, 13,.04.2006 kl. 18.36 -0400, skrev Roger Burrows:
> Hi!
> I saw the discussion here and the request for comments.  My feeling is that one
> set of windows is enough and this kind of 'super window' should be reserved for

 Yes, this is my opinion too.

> system purposes.  Of course, since there aren't thousands of new applications
> being written for MiNT (not yet anyway ;-)), the feature probably won't get the
> chance to be abused ...

 That is true ;-) However, keeping this mindset is the root of all bad
implementations....

> Apart from that, I do think it's really positive that we can have a discussion
> on topics like this, so we can have as many people as possible contribute to
> the development direction.  Well done, Olivier & Odd!

 Thanks, Roger :-) A big thank to you too for voicing your opinion. And
Olivier, thanks to you too for posting such suggestions to the
MiNTlist ;-)

> BTW, if you reserve this feature for "system applications", how do you detect
> one?

 This is something we need to agree on. The details are not even
remotely discussed or laid out. Basically I would like for the user to
decide which application can use these 'system' features, because if
apps only need to call appl_control() and become a system app, we may as
well keep such things open as in the original idea by Olivier. Somehow
the AES needs the user to 'validate' the programs that have extended
access .. also because of security reasons. Perhaps some kind of AES
modules? But first we need to agree on the basic things :)

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke