[MiNT] FreeMiNT /dev for raw midi data?

Hello all,

I see that the current /dev/midi is treated as a serial interface for the standard midi ports, is there another device for raw midi access to send data to a midi device? From a few google searches, I came across a midx.xdd what is suppose to be a raw midi device, installed as /dev/midx, but it dies under the recent kernels in the 1.16x series.

More or less was looking for something similar to /dev/sequencer under Linux, I think.

Thanks!

Keith