[MiNT] Sparemint Website/Build Farm

Hello guys,

I've started working on the sparemint site again since it needs much
more help than the SUM tool itself.  I'm adding all the nagging features
and changing the policies a bit.

Anyone can create an account and upload a package without approval,
however established users will need to approve the package (2 other
users).  Yes a malicious user will be able to create multiple accounts
to approve their own packages, but I suspect we won't have this problem.
If we do, the policy can be changed.  Currently php mail() is broken on
my server and is locking things up a bit.  Have to fix that.

The "contact us" option will be sending an email to the mintlist to
which anyone can respond to the individual asking the question - if this
proves to be a problem we can add a simple test to prevent spambots.

Other data could be sent to the mintlist too.  Perhaps a daily or weekly
build/package report.  There could be appointed testers who agree to
always test packages that way contributors don't hang out too long
waiting.

The package upload process is as follows.  The user will upload a
src.rpm file ONLY.  The system will look into that file and confirm the
details with the user.  From there the package is added to the build
queue on the build server (currently my falcon).  The build server will
build the package and if everything is successful, upload the binaries
and source back up to the server who will add the binaries/source to the
database.  Once other users of the site approve the packages, they will
be moved from "testing" to live.  This way, when we begin to have
multiple repositories, the user can just upload a src.rpm and the system
will autobuild the package on multiple build hosts according to
specifications (gcc 2.95 vs 3.3.6, binutils 2.13 versus 2.16, and 68000
versus 68020-40.

The build farm will also be able to build packages for users with a
simple ./configure and make system but I have to determine how to
implement this as it will have serious security issues.

The end idea is that end users will be able to join the build farm and
other users will be able to submit source code to be compiled on the
farm.  This will greatly assist developers on slower hardware, assuming
bandwidth is good enough (it is).

The RPM build farm will consist of a couple shell scripts.  The user
build farm tool will likely be coded in C and will be a very simple
console program that can upload/download and report status to the
server.  This user build farm tool will come later on.

Lastly the src.rpm upload will be done with http upload rather than any
messy ftp stuff.

It should be a matter of only days before I am finished and ready to
move on this.

Thanks,
Mark