Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

Odd Skancke wrote:

tor, 08,.12.2005 kl. 11.19 +0100, skrev Olivier Landemarre:
I have aready defined bit 1 in wisgr to NM_INHIBIT_HIDE.

Ok so I can't use it, do you have other define bit for this?
Arnaud can you add this in gemlib documentation?

No, just bit 1 of wisgr in shel_write(SWM_NEWMSG,wisgr,...).

<snip>

Anyway, I do prefer keeping WM_REPOSED support in the way it is now.
That is, in the correct context via wind_set(WF_OPTS), as this is an
option specific to windows. In addition to that, wind_set(WF_OPTS) allow apps to set options like this on each single window instead of affecting
all windows, if it chooses. It would allow us to let application like
Taskbar that set NM_INHIBIT_HIDE to use wind_set(WF_OPTS) to allow the
AES to hide only selected windows.

Basically I think this; shel_write(SWM_NEWMSG,wisgr,...) should be used
to indicate generic message types, which doesnt fall into categories
like WM_xxx which are window messages. This is why AP_TERM is defined
here, and this is why I added MN_INHIBIT_HIDE here. Other messages which
fall into a specific category should be configurable via the relevant
calls, to keep things neat and tidy :)

What do you think?

I think a bit to tell WM_REPOSED is support can be put here, this is a general config for windows, wind_set is for specific windows, here it will be for all windows, more simple for applications. My point of view, or we should add a wind_set() option to do general config if you prefer, in this case windows number will have no effect.

If you pass as handle a value of -1, wind_set(WF_OPTS, handle, wopt0,
wop1, wop2) will make the selections apply on all windows the
application opens hereafter, and can be regarded as 'generic window
config'. So one initial wind_set(WF_OPTS, -1, ...) will accomplish the
same as you propose above. As I think it is good to allow for such
configuration on a per window basis, the cleanest way would be to use
one function for all related things. I dont think giving two different
calls the same meaning is a good thing, as this will most probably
result in confusion.

This look good idea, perhaps little bit confusing, but it looks enough for me, ok, I don't know it was possible.

OK, the WM_REPOSED is perhaps not the best example
on what I mean, since most apps either do or dont support it, so in
majority of the cases this would be set via wind_set(WF_OPTS, -1,...)
upon program start. Look into newcalls.txt and have a look at the
wind_set(WF_OPTS) documentation if you want to find out more. This
documentation is not complete yet, but better than nothing
I will look at this documentation.

I think we should ask to devloppers what they prefer, shel_write() or wind_set(NEWMSG,..) specific.

Yes, we should. But I dont think we should blindly accomodate their
wishes :)
Yes

Thanks
Olivier