[MiNT] virtual address spaces

> None of those are part of Digital Research GEM.

If you want a protocol from DRI, no problem. Look to the program CALCLOCK.ACC.
An application can send a filename and use a pointer for that.

> They are all hacks added by the Atari community because they didn't
> have or didn't understand the IPC offered by MiNT.

Some of this hacks a defined when MiNT was not present.

> OLGA ... is that used by anything?

Sure, CAB, qed, Texel, Phoenix....

> Lets spend less time trying to keep broken stuff supported and more
> time implementing clean stuff.

OK and what is with all the old applications. If you look around you will see
that the AV-Protocal is used by all Desktops and any applications. So how you
want to change that?

Gerhard

PS: Soory if this news came twice. I have a problem with my newsreader.