Re: [MiNT] WHL_REALWHEEL precisions

tor, 15,.12.2005 kl. 00.01 +0100, skrev olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr:
> Hello
>
> I'm currently looking in wind_set(WF_WHEEL) in newcalls.txt
>
> I just need precisions:
> Wheel ammount: if I understand receive alway's an unsigned value
> orient: bit 1 how do you know this is vertical or horizontal? I suppose if mouse
> is over working area this is alway's vertical (except if this is very special
> mouse (I know this exist)), I suppose horizontal is only send if mouse is above
> horizontal slider?

 There is no automatic detection of which direction the same wheel will
report, if this is what you mean? The idea here is that if your mouse
have two wheels, one is horizontal while the other is vertical wheel.
For single-wheeled mouses, pressing ALT will send horizontal messages
(bit 1 set). So, all normal wheel actions on a one-wheel mouse result in
vertical messages, unless ALT is used in which case orientation is just
swapped, so vertical becomes horizontal and vice versa.

 In XaAES you can define which wheel is horizontal and which is vertical
when you have a two-wheeled mouse. This is untested, tho.

 Best Regards
Odd Skancke