Re: [MiNT] XaAES

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 21:08 +0200, Peter Slegg wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:27:07 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

This thread encouraged me to give XaAES another shot.  I tried it
recently, a couple months ago perhaps, and it was looking pretty good
but still had some issues.  Still had some instability.  I put on
current CVS mint, xfs, xdd, and xaaes.  Wow...  It's *wonderful*.  For
the most part everything works as expected and seems faster even than
N.AES.  I don't know what else you could ask for.  Plus the default
window widgets now are quite hot with their use of color and such :)

The only problem I found is that sometimes the menus stop working.
You'll go into the menu and nothing will be clickable.  The bar won't
show up in the menu either.  I've found you can get around it by
switching the active window, but it happens pretty often.  Everything
else is so rock solid that I'll just deal with this.  There's no more
weird drawing artifacts or anything.  It's just wonderful now :)

Thanks for everyone's hard work!  We have a free AES that can truly be
called superb!

Mark