Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

tor, 08,.12.2005 kl. 16.15 -0600, skrev Evan Langlois:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 22:59 +0100, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:
>
> > My point is that the particular WM_REPOSED message (or 'extended'
> > WM_SIZED message) is not a 'window option', that's why i don't like that
> > much the usage of wind_set() for this particular feature.
>
> Extended?
>
> XaAES sends all window coordinates as part of WM_SIZED no matter what
> right?

 XaAES sends new X/Y (and keeps W,H as was) when sending WM_MOVED
(because per definition MOVE means exactly that, and thus W/H should not
change), and sends new W/H, keeping same X/Y for WM_SIZED. Why? Because
per definition SIZED means window was resized, not MOVED.

 To catch the situation where both coordinate pairs (X/Y AND W/H)
actually CHANGED, WM_REPOSED was invented. Lets not give new meanings to
ancient stuff, please. The W/H in WM_MOVED are for convenience only, not
expected to change. X/Y in WM_SIZED are also for convenience only, not
expect those to change. Its in the goddamned name of the goddamned
messages!!!!

 Odd Skancke