Re: [MiNT] Floppy formatting

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:40:31 -0500 (EST), Jim DeClercq <jimd@panix.com> wrote:
> Hello, Peter
>
> Format a disk using what, please.

I never bother with formatting apps on the Milan, not much point
really.

I tried formatting from the Thing menu and also using some util
from bash. Sorry forgot what the command was, that's why I
prefer to use GEM apps and not cli. ;-)

> I have at least a dozen
> formatting programs, but I use one that formats a disk readable
> on my work machine, which is the usual, and highly
> unsatisfactory.
>
> If you will please unburden yourself of the name of the program
> you are using to not format a disk, that will allow me to at
> least do some comparisons.

Floppy format works fine with 1.15.12 but gives the error I reported
a while ago when using 1.16.any version.

Regards,

Peter