[MiNT] Scancodes

Hi!

The Milan uses a PC keyboard which has the F11 and F12 keys, as well
as Print, Roll and Pause keys.

The Print and Roll are mapped to Help and Undo. However in lots of
emulators I know, the F11 and F12 are mapped to Help and Undo - and I
would like this on my Milan, too.

So I was looking a bit in the mint sources to see how it could be
done. We do have keymapping already with the keytable.tbl file.
However, you can only turn a scancode into an ASCII code with this
file. One cannot acutally alter the scancode which would be needed, if
I wanted a key act as a different one.

So I made a quick hack in the assembler routine "newkeys". If I detect
the scancodes for the F11/F12 codes there, I simply alter them to
Help/Undo and this works nicely.

Now my questions are:

Could I have done this differently?
Is it maybe a good idea to also have a scancode mapper in MiNT?
Are other Milan users interested in having F11/F12 as Help/Undo? If
so, shall I commit my little hack to cvs (it would only be compiled into the
Milan kernel, of course)?

Opinions?

Cheers, Ingo =;->