[MiNT] Re[2]: Calling gemdos function from Interruption

Hi!

> The only way I ever found to do this was to use two processes/threads.

You are right, except...

> It is not safe to call any AES functions from a signal handler.

... that it IS safe in XaAES!
It does not work in other AES (at least I wouldn't know).

But in XaAES it works perfectly fine to send an AES message from
within a signal handler.

I use this a lot in one of my programs and it works perfectly fine. On
other systems (e.g. n.AES) I have to start another process, that does
what you described (waiting in a GEMDOS call and sending AES messages)

> I added the PsigIntr call to MiNT specifically to allow a user program
> to direct hardware interrupts to a user's signal handler.

Ah, that was you! Nice function.

But it got removed in MiNT 1.16.0
Can anyone explain, why it was removed?

Cheers, Ingo =;->