Re: [MiNT] Long filename support?

Yes. I have it, but there are still limitations for the filename length.
Therefore I bought Jinnee where the filenames might be longer but
unfortunately I got some CDs with long filenames that aren't support by
Jinnee either.

forget both Jinnee and Thing - they have only limited support for LN. For "normal use" it isn't critical but when let's say MP3s go into play you'll see 50% of them are reachable under fileselector only.

You should also give the latest teradesk version a try. It's free, still under active development, and it supports those very long filenames.

yes, teradesk is nice in this thing. that bad thing is the fact it's minimalistic desktop so 90% of jinnee features is not (and it wont be) implemented... However, I use it.

Are there any current screenshots of Teradesk somewhere available?

http://solair.eunet.yu/~vdjole/teradesk.htm -- no screenshots, just download & try :) IIRC there was some screenshots at some "aranym presentation page".

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060          http://mikro.atari.org