Re: [MiNT] Binutils FIXED!

Mark Duckworth píše v Út 06. 09. 2005 v 13:57 -0400:
> There are two flags, fast ram and fast alloc.  Setting fast-ram without
> fast alloc causes the resulting binary to continue to use ST-ram anyway.
> This is not immediately obvious at all.  Maybe the dev who knows the
> inner workings of the ram knows that you must have fast alloc in order
> to use fast ram, but I didn't, thus when you set fast ram, it should
> pull in fast alloc automatically IMHO.

No.

fast alloc = do not clear RAM. This was introduced when RAM of Atari ST
increased from 128 kB to some huge 1024 kB. At that time the 8 MHz CPU
was too slow to clear all the RAM and start up times for programs
increased noticeably. Thus Atari engineers came up with this flag that
left the memory uninitialized and programs suddenly were starting
faster.

It's completely unrelated to ST/FastRAM allocation. Completely.

Petr