Re: [MiNT] network mail send problems

I have just had an opportunity to try my idea and you may not
believe this.

Using a modem with Mint 1.16 I was able to send some mails of
about 11-13kbytes, mails that I could not send when I switched back
to the adsl router.

Does this throw suspicion on any particular part of the mint-net
set-up ? I've pasted the mint folder below. Several items are
disabled from the testing I've been doing.

Regards,
Peter

39291 Jan 13  2005 ext2.xfs
74127 Jan 13  2005 inet4.xd_
74151 Aug  4 22:26 inet4.xdd
 9909 May 10 22:52 mfp_mil.xdd
30489 Oct 11  2004 minix.xf_
 9505 Nov  3  2004 mint.bak
 9506 Apr 30 20:24 mint.cnf
  171 Oct 17  2004 mint.ini
 5306 Jul 18  2004 mint1_16.cnf
 9445 Jul 26  2004 n_mint.bak
 9505 Nov  3  2004 n_mint.cnf
37535 Jan 13  2005 nfs.xfs
17775 Aug  4 16:27 rtl8139.xif
17812 Sep 21  2002 rtl8139a.xi_
18180 Aug  4 18:03 rtl8139c.xi_
13341 Oct 11  2004 scc.xd_
13768 May  1 21:13 slip.xif
10636 May 10 22:52 uart.xdd
31591 Dec 30  2003 unimint.xf0
31591 Jan  1  2005 unimint.xfs

Subject: [MiNT] network mail send problems

I had an idea today and wondered if it was worth trying.

Would it be a useful experiment to try sending a mail
using a dial-up connection ?

What would this change/eliminate ?
Would it change too many things to make a useful test ?

Regards,

Peter