Re: [MiNT] Trying to compile gnokii

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 07:11 +0200, Ekkehard Flessa wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to compile gnokii (http://www.gnokii.org), a software for data
> communication with cell phones, for MiNT. Configure went through, albeit it was
> obviously missing some features. Anyway, when I was trying to compile, I got
> this:
>

> /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -g -O2  -I../../include   -o
> unixserial.lo -c unixserial.c
>  gcc -g -O2 -I../../include -c unixserial.c -o unixserial.o
> unixserial.c: In function `serial_opendevice':
> unixserial.c:309: `FIOASYNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
> unixserial.c:309: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> unixserial.c:309: for each function it appears in.)
> unixserial.c: In function `serial_setdtrrts':
> unixserial.c:329: `TIOCMBIS' undeclared (first use in this function)
> unixserial.c:331: `TIOCMBIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gmake[1]: *** [unixserial.lo] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/l/gnokii/gnokii-0.6.8/common/devices'
> gmake: *** [common/devices] Error 2
>

> These should be defined in /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h (or modem.h), but they're
> not there.
>
> I could try to fake TIOCMBIS and TIOCMBIC by using the defines for TIOCLBIS and
> TIOCLBIC which sound similar. But what's FIOASYNC for and how's that one got to
> be defined?
>
> Secondly, during configure I've got a bus error warning from XaAES saying that
> g77 has crashed.
>

> With best regards
> Ekkehard
>
> P.S.: configure does work, but needs quite some time to determine the maximum
> commandline length. I've added the following to my local copy of it, approx. at
> line 5450:
>
>   mint*)
>     # Even on a Milan040, this will take 15 Minutes or so.
>     # It would result in 262144 on my system.
>     # So we just punt and use a minimum line length of 65535.
>     # 2005-07-31 Ekkehard Flessa
>     lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len=65535;
>     ;;

I think some of this has something to do with 32 bit asynchronous
non-blocking i/o, some parts of which at least I don't think MiNT
supports yet.  Leave it to Frank, ozk, evan etc to correct me ;)

As far as the maximum commandline length, that's typical.  On my fast
060 falcon it's not unbearable so I just leave it as is.

Thanks,
Mark