Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:04:59 , <jan.thomas@bt.com> wrote:
> evan@coolrunningconcepts.com wrote:
>
> Peter, You mean not knowing what the name of the file is, or
> not knowing whats going on at all? I have been in that boat.

Usually I know what is going on ;-)  I tend to find myself looking
for a config file or similar. With GEM it's easy because I know
which folder to look in and the options are fairly limited so
job done. When looking for a *nix file it could be in one of
several folders and have a more obscure name.

> Knowing how to use the "find" and "grep" commands helped me
> out a lot. But as Evan says, there is no substitute for good
> docs.

It's not always convenient to start up a bash shell to find a file
that I am then going to have to find again on the desktop and edit.

Regards,

Peter