Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

on 7/6/2005 10:04 PM, Odd Skancke wrote:

> IMHO the complaints about zview are bunk.  It seems to me that it's a
>> good graphics conversion backend to base software on.  But then again
>> I'm not a seasoned AES coder.  What does ozk think?  It should be his
>> choice.
>
> I'm not familiar with the libraries or whatever in question here, but I
> dont see no reason not to use them, as long as the API is standarized in
> such a way that using these libs (or whatever) dont create a problem
> later on (for example if they suddenly get unsupported, no source and we
> want to port).

I'm with ozk.  So long as some set standard is worked into the scheme.
It does seem like each new program re-invents the module scheme.
Probably got 20+ gemview modules, then there is Parx, and now zview and
others.  I am by no means knocking any of them, but the trend if you
noticed, is you end up with a bunch of modules on your hard drive for
various apps that all do redundant tasks.

It would really nice to be able to upgrade one global module and have
several apps benefit instantly.  ;-)

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/