Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

Quoting Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.nu>:

It sounds nice. Although it doesn't have to be a virtual directory, it could
just as well be the interface of a graphical RPM manager.

Re-use of abtractions and metaphors and easier integration, and a easier
acceptance for people that prefer the old method of everything in one folder,
since that is the view it gives.

No, mount points are "above" the filesystem drivers so it's not a feature of
ext2.

Any plans to change this?

Everything automatically is mounted to U: and you make the simlinks instead of
mounting. I agree this is a bit fake, but where's the pain? :o)

never going to get a good automounter like that. Unmounting something shouldn't
leave dangling symlinks.  I suppose its okay, just seems messy.

You can configure Toswin to automatically run any text-based app you open from
the desktop. That's actually what it was meant for in the first place.

This way is much simpler, as even a poorly written GEM app that had printf's for debug statements would work correctly, and there would be no difference between
.TOS and .PRG.  This would simplify the desktop a bit.