Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK implementation : conclusions.

Quoting Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Another variant of this argument was related to WINDOW and WINDOM
components. It was claimed that WINDOW will get all confused if some
components use WCOWORK and other's don't. If this is the case then this is a
weakness in the design and specification of WINDOM (remember, all protocols
and interfaces must be clearly defined and documented), or a result of
sloppy programmers who doesn't read and respect specifications.

It comes down to - can any lib other than windom perform a wind_creat() ?
windom will pass it all the events.  If the 3rd-party lib uses WCOWORK and
Windom doesn't, then Windom gets the events wrong.  If the 3rd party library
doesn't use WCOWORK, and Windom does, then the window is created wrong.  I
can't say in all honestly that dividing the event handling code from the code
that actually opens windows and works with them is a bad thing, and I don't
think it is.

Can we have the all benefits of WCOWORK without this restriction?

I sincerely hope Ozk continues his work and adds more functionality to
XaAES. I want to see the above multipage forms and multiline editfields for
example. Now that's something that will significantly simplify development
of useful applications! Now, if I only could get my dead Milan fixed I could
start programming again...

Multiline editfields is okay. In fact, "Notepad" is just that, a big multiline
edit field.  Multipage forms ... tabbed windows I like, but tabbed dialogs I
don't care for much.