Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 14:49 -0500, Evan Langlois wrote:
> Now - if you have to write some routine to make this gradient, since you
> don't have an open-source solution, why not make the gradient routine as
> flexible as possible and allow the application-programmer to make use it
> it.  What API would drawing gradient go into?  What else can we add that
> programmers might like to use?  Imagine!   Be creative!  Dream!

Atari people dream too much and work too little.  I myself am quite
guilty of this ;-)  And it doesn't hurt to weigh the benefits of Atari
native code versus portable already GPL code.  I don't think it would
take a lot of effort to bring xgem to GPL since it's already being used
in MyAES and could have been used in GIM if I could have gotten it
working.  Eric probably just needs a little nudging ;-)  It's not a
mythtical piece of code either.. I have it.  Olivier has it.  It
exists... It's just not open source for now.  As I said before, I'm
speaking from the perspective of the user too.  The implementation
matters very little..  Just make it happen :)

Thanks,
Mark