[MiNT] a problem with an ST-1040 runinning 1,15 mint

I have re setup my ST and have some issues with hardware, I need something that will let me look at memory.

When I start mint, I cannnot see U:\ for ancient reasons I use MWC msh.prg as my shell. It has the right features, and I can run kshell and bash under it. If I try without MSH the machine just reboots. I know that mint reboots on a restart but I kind of cant deal with debugging system complaints and restart over and over. It is an insanely slow process.

I want to find the problem with GCC and other tools. But the difficulty in debugging is a problem. I have ICD utils and do not think that AHDI or any of its versions will work with my hardware. The experience I had was LOSS of EVERYTHING on the high order HD patricians. ( I have 16 partitions)

I suspect a memory fault, but I dont have any tool to feel around in memory.

My system is pretty flaky, I get memory traps with everything. so I think it is not the program but memory. Please have some useful advice;
Mint get similar problems.

        josephus