Re: [MiNT] Multimedia Keys & Notification

Le Sun, 03 Apr 2005 02:18:48 +0200
Petr Stehlik <joy@sophics.cz> a écrit:

> Evan K. Langlois píše v So 02. 04. 2005 v 17:53 -0600:
>
> > There has been a lot of talk about multimedia keys recently
>
> no. I think that Adam just wanted to allow running SDL applications in
> AES environment. Which was a very good idea since currently such
> applications have to implement their own keyboard driver and so
> disable the system one which is both unclean and dangerous in
> multitasking OS.

In SDL, if you use GEM for video, keyboard and mouse input is also done
via GEM. Only joystick is handled via XBIOS vector redirection (maybe a
problem in multitasking OS).

The problem with the current keyboard event system in AES, is that I
must 'simulate' an array of pressed/unpressed keys, which is very hacky,
considering the keyboard autorepeat stuff, which prevent simple multiple
key presses (i.e. up and right arrows for example). There is also no way
of flushing the AES keyboard buffer in this case (no need in key
press/release events).

If anyone add key press/release events to evnt_multi(), the presence of
this feature should be questionnable via appl_getinfo(), because if I
want to use it, it will soft-conflict with the current routine I wrote
for SDL, so I want to use one of the both methods, but not both at the
same time.

A standard application could very well handle both types of events at
once.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/