Re: [MiNT] New AES keyboard messages

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:39 +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> My idea is to return rather scancodes then ascii codes. Not raw
> scancodes - it should be inteligent enough to send the same code for
> (for example) Z key, no matter what keyboard (German, UK, US) is used.

This doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  You'll want to stick with
pure scancodes and to provide a function for conversion from scancode to
ASCII code...

The AES normally returns both.  What is wrong with using the ASCII codes that the AES returns, and if its 0, then look at the scan-codes?  The AES should be using the translation tables defined by Keytbl() right?  Why look at the scan-code only and then translate it yourself, and would you translate the scan-codes using something different than Keytbl()?

-- Evan