Re: [MiNT] Block device driver interface (was: Kentry)

Hello!

My idea is to create /dev/hdX devices

This is userspace visible thing and have not much todo with kernel internal implementation.

that would use a common XHDI block device driver implementation driver (parametrized) that would be an implementation of the interface to be designed. I suppose we want to replace the buffer cache calls away from the filesystems implementation and instead use the new interface there.

I'm sure you wont like todo that. The filesystems are already device independant as they only use the buffer cache for I/O. The current buffer cache use at the moment XHDI and as fallback BIOS. Just sort out these things and modify the buffer cache to use a new block device driver interface.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060