Re: [MiNT] [Aranym-user] KBD problem

Hi Petr,

Petr Stehlik wrote:
Francois LE COAT píše:
Well, maybe a specific ARAnyM problem ...

Well I asked whether you and Frank use the same TOS version (and rest of
boot setup). Since you had problem while Frank did not. I admit ARAnyM's
IKBD emulation is far from perfect but these keyboard problems under
MiNT are often caused by the underlying OS differences (Frank's Milan
TOS vs yours EmuTOS).

OK, we aren't using the same "underlying OS". But, even if keyboard
was working with TOS 4.04 (what I can test ...) woudn't it be
interesting to point a problem with EmuTOS ?

Anyway, what I answer, sorry it wasn't your question, is that the
problem with the keyboard is tested in the same conditions with
EmuTOS, with 1.16.0beta and a recent CVS kernel snapshot. I
haven't tested it yet with TOS 4.04, but I will, definitly.

So far as I don't know what OS is used by other peoples, I can
only speak for myself ...

In other words, I don't like reading that something is an ARAnyM
specific problem. Before you say something like that please make sure
that the Atari software setup you boot in ARAnyM is exactly same as on
regular Milan (or the machine you compare ARAnyM with).

Please read what I'm telling ... I told that it "may be" a specific
problem. And it was in the middle of the conversation. I don't make
such an assumption ! What I'm convinced, is that there's a problem with
recent freeMiNT snapshot. I pointed a bug under ARAnyM, that may
also be not specific to ARAnyM ... Be carefull with that ...

Regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org