Re: [MiNT] {SPAM ? } Re: System call bindings

Frank Naumann wrote:

Hello!

All DTA description I have see in libs are wrong (I not look in recent mintlib so perhaps correct), the name part, have alway's describe as char name[14] that's of course not work with long file name! I have correct this by simply char name[255]

Sorry, but there is no long filename interface over DTA. This was never defined nor is done by any operating system.

I have just test, under Aranym and Mint 1.16.0 You have true, I don't see long filename, it doesn't stop as Magic. I have change a name of a file to be long, and do a grep on the folder, in this folder there was 3 files with the text to search, when I do grep, and I find 3! Even if the name is long except that the name is in vfat format! with a tild! I can open it, and do the search, so I can find it in the Grep. Because only some betatesters do tests for me (I never use Mint before with Aranym(I have only an old STF and do all my programs with MagicMac)), so tests was not so good I expect!

There exist Dopendir/Dreaddir/Dclosedir to read long filenames.

Olivier

Regards,
Frank

--