Re: [MiNT] [XaAES] appl_getinfo

Hello,

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:44:00 +0200, Gerhard Stoll <Gerhard_Stoll@b.maus.de> wrote:

Hello!

-------------------------------cut-------------------------------
appl_getinfo:
  /* 8 mouse support */
      1,                /* mouse wheels support */
-------------------------------cut-------------------------------

This value is also used from the TORG 105.

-------------------------------cut-------------------------------
3. Extensions to appl_getinfo
	appl_getinfo, opcode 8 will return a bit vector of the currently
	available mouse wheels in
ap_gout3.-------------------------------cut-------------------------------

I think this should change in XaAES and support the TORG 105, because there is
not doku about this.

That reminds me a discussion in this ML. Google has found the following message on the subject:

---------------------8<---------------------------
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:13:17 +0200
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Subject: Re: [MiNT] TOSgroup.org
From: Michael Schwingen <rincewind@a-tuin.dascon.de>

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 04:45:37PM +0200, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:
Hello,
I've learn the existence of TORGs this week-end !
How can TORG standards become real standards if the tosgroup.org team doesn't speak more about their work !
For example, the TORG 105 about mouse wheel have an impact on
- AES (XaAES)
- AES bindings ([m]gemlib)
- high gem libraries (cflib, windom, ...)

It also has impact on BIOS and VDI if we want to implement wheel support in
the ROM TOS - like I did on the Milan. That's why I did not use the TORG
method: is was impossible to implement that in a useful way.

cu
Michael

I haven't read TORG105 recently, but AFAIR the situation regarding TORG105 is the same: AES (xaaes, myaes), gemlib, cflib, windom... none of them support TORG 105

In the other hand, XaAES supports mouse wheel, and IIRC this is compatible with milanOS (to be confirmed). Maybe we can adopt XaAES way as the standard ?

If we agree, i can update gemlib docu on the subject, and then there will be a doc about this ;)

best regards,
Arnaud.