[MiNT] mintlib inline asm

Hi,

I'm trying to get my cross-compiler (gcc v3.3.3) setup running properly.
And as a part of it I wanted to compile mintlib, cflib and others from CVS.
So I was confronted with the ugly message:
"error: asm-specifier for variable `retvalue' conflicts with asm clobber list"

This error appears always when a "trap_x_x" macros is called. I wanted to eliminate this problem. So I studied the assembler part of gcc manual and made some tests. There I found the following (which even can be found in the 2.95.3 manual): "It is an error for a clobber description to overlap an input or output operand (for example, an operand describing a register class with one member, mentioned in the clobber list)."

And just this is always the case in the macros I've seen so far. So how do you compile this libraries? Isn't it an error? Or does the 2.95.3 compiler ignore this problem?

Is this problem the cause why it is recommended to use gcc 2.95.3 or do I miss the point?

Now I'm trying to correct the assembler inlines so I get it to compile without errors. Later on I'll have to test it...

Philipp