Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.16 - have you all switched yet?

> how many of you haven't switched to 1.16 yet? Can Frank declare the 1.16
> as mainline now and 1.15.12 as old and unsupported? I have installed it
> on several ARAnyMs and also on my AfterBurner040 and it seems to work
> OK. There are of course known bugs so it might be better to release
> 1.16.x that would fix the known bugs and then ask again if somebody
> haven't switched yet and why..

i've had a some problems that are fixed now, but there are two things that
doesn't make my life easier:
1. cd rom support. extendos .xfs doesn't work under 1.16.x and i'm not sure
about spin, i think there were some problems, too. what do you use?

2. keyboard handling. i remember draco did some changes and since that i'm
not able to get correct working keys like control (try aniplayer +
control+arrow - it does nothing) or alt (try devpac alt+a for example), caps lock
does always "click" even when i disable "clicking" of the keys (in clocky:)
This happens on 1.16.1 kernels. and on 1.16.0 there's that thing with
"disabled" keyboard during the boot.

except this, i haven't any reason to stay on 1.15.12, i even stopped to use
n_aes ;)

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org