Re: [MiNT] mysql || PHP port to Sparemint?

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 17:46, Frederic Fouche wrote:
> Hello Keith,
>
> Thanks for answering,
> I assume when you were messing with all that, you had all the latest
> libs installed, latest gcc and such right?
>
> I'll tell you, even ./configure on a clean easymint with all the
> development rpm installed
> can't complete correctly.
> Unsure if the tools we have are tailored to handle that.
> I definitely understand that php would be missing some features, like
> PEAR and such.
> I believe v5.0x doesnt depend on mysql anymore, but it's own little
> flat file DB, might be more possible on MiNT?
>
> anyone else has tried?
> any success/failure you want to share?

Apache and PHP build.  You have to pretty much follow the build
directions for linking php into apache statically since we don't have
dl.  Most software for the Atari needs to be configured with something
like LIBS="-lsocket" ./configure since our socket functions are not a
part of our c library which is not standard (as far as linux is
concerned, it might be a bsd/real unix standard) and most software can't
figure it out properly.  Anyway, I'm sure Keith will be happy to provide
config strings and such.  Shouldn't require too much patching.

Thanks,
Mark