Re: [MiNT] My remarks (2)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> >> You asked for one application, where this problem does not occur,
> >> right?
> >
> > No, I was not. I was pointing out a design flaw, and then on a
> > sidetrack which you view as the main point, I asked for an
> > application where ctrl+a didn't mean "select all", and because I
> > expected selfrighteous people to
> > use that against me, I clearly said that it was just out of curiosity.
>
> To be clear:
>
> I) You stated that Ctrl close to the A is a design flaw on Atari keyboard.
>
> II) When asked, why, you said that with Ctrl/A + some key you can destroy
> your entire text.
>
> III) But (others stated, me among them) this is a major problem only if:
>
> 1) your wordprocessor does not take this into account, or

 Ok, to terminate this utterly stupid and outofplace thread;

 A wordprocessor/text editor that _takes_this_design_flaw_ into account is
a _proper_tool_!! Ok? So a program that takes this this into account shows
that Maurits is right, it _works_around_ a _design_flaw_. A program that
does _not_ take this into account is not a _proper_tool_, and Konrad is
right. Goddamned...

--
 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk.atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org