Re: [MiNT] bash 3.0

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 09:29, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, [iso-8859-2] Adam K³obukowski wrote:
>
> > Bash 3.0 has been released. Binary for FreeMiNT is about 40kb bigger then
> > the previous version. Should we switch to 3.0 or stick to the old version?
>
> Bash was already pretty memory hungry, so on 1MB systems (or 4MB with AES)
> it was best avoided anyway, and for the higher end systems 40k shouldn't
> be much of a problem..
>
> Besides, isn't it up to the user what version to install? (I don't think
> there's anything wrong with putting Bash 3.0 in by default).

I believe sparemint will only contain the latest version of a package, unlike a
cvs repository for instance.  So the user who is on a system so weak that they
can't use bash 3.0 certainly won't be able to compile bash 2.  Sparemint could start
saving old packages but it might require some coding.  I'm a php man, not a perl man ;-)

Mark
http://portal.atari-source.com