Re: [MiNT] nfs

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:22:11 +0000 (GMT), Odd Skancke wrote:

>  Both 1.15.12 and latest have worked perfectly for me with MP enabled, on
> both the Milan and Hades060.
>
>  Jo Even, sure you dont have a hardware problem? Does your Milan work

I have considered that option. However, the only problem I can think of
that would cause problems like mine is problems with RAM or the memory
controller (as with a boot script the same programs are always loaded
in the same sequence and thus at the same addresses), but I don't think
that's the situation. If I omit these programs or the entire boot script,
I can start loads of applications and use them without problems.

> stable without MP? Do you know what is at AA address?

Yes, no problems without memory protection, except when running portmap,
inetd and the other programs I mentioned. It's just those programs that
cause problems. But with memory protection enabled I do have some
stability problems anyway with current kernels.

>  The biggest problem I've had with MP is VDI .. which I dont have no more.

You mean NVDI? You're quite right, and I use NVDI all the time. I do have
the same problems during boot without it installed though, sh.ttp executing
/etc/rc from mint.cnf will crash when running the specified programs even
when running only mint.prg and nothing else.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein    http://home.nvg.org/~joska/
*/