Re: [MiNT] Trans.: Re: Questions about 68040

> this is what I tried to warn about earlier but didn't remember the
> facts :)

Ok, so the question for you is: does the Aranym behave so that I can test
the exception handler code on it, trusting that it will also work on a real
68040?

> Or if you don't let it read the address (say if it's a hardware reg)
> but
> you want to supply your own value to the right register you basically
> have to write a 68040 emulator.

I am not sure, if this (emulation) is possible at all as in the access fault
frame format "the stacked PC points to the next instruction", and not to the
one that caused the fault.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).