Re: [MiNT] nfs

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:06:30 +0200, Jan Krupka wrote:

> > I was trying to get nsf to work, but my files are outdated.
> > I downloaded the nsf-server rpm from sparemint.  It acts as if it installs
> > but it really don't.  Have installed a lot of rpm's, pretty sure something
> > is weird with this one rpm.
>
> I am using nfs daily between my MiNT and Linux box. It installs fine here for
> me. What do you mean that it didn't install?
>
> Have you portmap and nfs in /etc/sysconfig/net.services ?

I would also like to know how you set up NFS. Also, I have serious
problems with portmap and inetd on my Milan. If I run /etc/rc from mint.cnf,
my Milan will halt when exiting sh.ttp unless I don't start portmap and inetd
from there. Unless I disable memory protection, then it will sometimes boot,
but mostly crash. If it boots it's very unstable when N.AES runs.

The only way I'm able to run inetd and portmap on my Milan is to disable
memory protection and run etc/rc from the desktop. Does anybody else have
similar problems with these programs? I'm running a fairly recent (about a
month old) CVS kernel, and have had these problems for a couple of years
now. IIRC it works fine with 1 1.15-kernel.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein    http://home.nvg.org/~joska/
*/