Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

Remi Villatel wrote:

Standa Opichal wrote:

I've been thinking about an extension that would allow the desktop
application handle the root window actions by its own like any other
own window (not only having to have the OBJECT tree as a content).

Yes! Yes! At least, it will enable us to break that stupid barrier of the 256 colors in the desktop background.

There is no barrier of 256 color for background at all, it not an AES problem it's a desktop problem, it's easy to have true color for desktop, use simply USERDEF for this, for example Direct desktop is able to do this, my own software do this and other I suppose. The only limitation in AES come with CICON limitation to 256 colors, and of course the file format of RSC

Truecolor icons on a truecolor picture... My dream. ;-) (Lot of memory required...)

Not so many icons are small a 32*32 truecolor icon with alpha chanel take 4096 octets, for an ST perhaps it's a little bit high but not for a modern computer, but on a ST there is no truecolor!

See ya,

Olivier