Re: [MiNT] mint & mmu

> I just want to mention that's ist for most software enough to catch cookie
> jar and tos variable reading.

ok, but in this point we loose the protection till the application calls
Super() again

> And MP don't help at all if applications still have access to
> exception vectors and such critical things.

as I wrote, if the application knows what it is doing, it's ok. We want to
protect "normal" memory with OS and other applications at least. Yes, if the
programmer coded a buggy program which "by coincidence" rewrites system
vectors, we can't do anything with it.

> In supervisor mode an application can do anything it want. There is no
> protection in any way. The only possible protection is to disallow
> supervisor mode.

oh, that's true. that was only fast idea:) But that idea with SV, that will
work for sure.

btw -really offtopic- how can i set the mail client to reply into this
mailing list? in the header there's no Reply-To: info, so i have to
rewrite To: array with mint@fishpool.com every time.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org