Re: [MiNT] vlogin

Hello!

> 1. I'm using "moose.xdd", but there was some changes recently and I don't
> know what will be used in future and what will be abandoned. So my question
> is: what will be used for mouse moose.xdd, .adi or both?

It will be the adi interface I think. It's a little bit experimental as
the xdd solution is not the optimum. E.g. the AES need more control over
the mouse as the device interface can provide.

> 2. Currently there is execl() used to start shell/aes, but vlogin then stay
> waiting in memory for child proces quit. Is it correct or should be parent
> proces (vlogin) replaced by child proces (to avoid respawning login by
> init).

I don't understand. Every exec() variant replace the current process by a
new image (I refer here to the mintlib exec() frontends, not the Pexec()
system call).

> 3. I tried to implement loading of xaaes.km in vlogin by ssystem() call, but
> xaaes.km crash short after start with bus error, while starting it by
> load.prg works flawless.
> This test was done on freemint yestrday evening cvs version.

Oh, this is not the final solution. This is just temporary for testing.
This stuff will be only in the developer kernel.

> 4. There is problem with v_clswk() and fvdi, after this call aes is unable
> to call v_opnwk() succesfully.
> Is it posible to left fyzical workstation opened for fvdi and force aes
> somehow to call v_opnvwk() only?

It's not better to fix fvdi? I'm sure Johan read here too.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060