Re: [MiNT] XaAES trouble

On Thursday 19 February 2004 20:27, Odd Skancke wrote:

>  You would need compile it for yourself. I could do that for you, if you
> want. But I have no idea if it will work. I changed the mousehandling a
> bit in XaAES as well, and I have no idea if wheelsupport works :/

Just built a moose with wheel enabled and make it available.

We'll see if it works.
It worked in the last XaAES I published. (0.963)

If you want feed back on XaAES it is of the most importance
to make the latest binaries available.
A 68000 version runs just as well on any Atari or clone.
There is no need to annoy possible 68000 users with only 68030 versions.

I spoke to a greatest fan of XaAES who was
unable to benefit your work because of the lack of usable binaries.
He uses a 4Mb STE and is happy with that.

The unofficial XaAES page (Gokmase) isnt updates since july 2003.
This is not good.

It is a mistake to expect users to compile software themselves.
Most of them are not programmers.
It is a very big mistake to expect non programmers to compile.
It causes nothing but trouble. Non programmer users dont deserve
such a threat (or treat).

The treat becomes even offensive considering the ridiculous bloat
and clumsiness that stuff like gcc presents.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl