Re: [MiNT] fVDI issues

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 17:00, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > I see no reason nor any advantages of a situation when functions like
> > objc_draw() or fsel_exinput() should run in supervisor mode as a part of
> > the kernel. Honestly, I cannot even imagine the GEM fileselector opening
> > and waiting in supervisor mode for user interaction. This would be a
> > nonsense.

Well, XaAES runs in user mode.

> Btw it's just a matter of the viewpoint: if an application wait for
> keyboard input it's only on the kernel I/O queue and the kernel will
> schedule the process if I/O is possible. You can see a fileselector in
> exactly the same way (waiting for I/O).

Precisely.
If you look in XaAES you will see that this is exactly waht happens.
XaAES immediately suspends the application, and then itself waiting
for approppriate event. So while a FS is on the screen neither XaAES nor
application are running. Very good for multitasking.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl