Re: [MiNT] MiNT, CT60 and power off

Argh ! Wrong address again !

Selon "Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz" <draco@obta.uw.edu.pl>:
> > I would be more confident with, say, 3 seconds (some 2"5 IDE drives
> > chips with a 16 MB cache !
> Yes, but I suspect that their internal data transfer is a bit bigger than
> 16 MB/s :)

You're right :) . I was thinking about the 8 Mb/s Falcon/CT2 IDE data transfer
rate.

> I thought that the SCSIDRV interface can emulate SCSI commands for IDE
> drives. I.e. convert them into proper IDE controller commands. If not, it
> may become difficult.

I don't think so. To my knowledge, HD-Driver is the only SCSIDRV implementation
that supports IDE. But I think it only handles ATAPI devices and not hard
drives. ATAPI can be seen as a SCSI emulation over an IDE interface.

Of course, in the case of hard drives, it could interpret SCSI commands and
translate them, but I don't think it currently does.

Maybe Uwe Seimet read us ? Or someone else could check that ?

Best regards,

Xavier