Re: [MiNT] NEWFATFS & CAB

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:27:30 , Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, PeterSlegg wrote:
>
> > When attempting to save the hotlist, it fails with
> > an error message saying it cannot save "hotlist.html"
> > This error box cannot be cleared. The hotlist file is
> > still called HOTLIST.HTM and I cannot change it to
> > hotlist.html
> >
> > My F: partition is also NEWFATFS and works fine but I
> > don't have CAB on it. D and F are both BGM.
> >

> > Have I missed a step ?
>
> You have to enable VFAT to enable long filenames like "hotlist.html"
> You can edit your mint.cnf for that, or use fsetter.app or mintset.acc to
> change it on the fly.

That's what I thought. I don't need long filenames on this
partition. I only wanted to use Newfatfs because it is
faster and more reliable etc.

Why is CAB or Newfatfs trying to read/write a long filename to
the partition ?

Regards,

Peter

Cheaper and better broadband from Freeola - from £26.99 p/m plus
FREE domain hosting, static IP and more!  www.freeola.com/broadband